WHAT WE ARE DOING TO KEEP YOU AND OUR TEAM SAFE
We are excited to have the opportunity to welcome you back! I wanted to update you on what we are doing as a team to prepare for you, but before I do I want to quote Aristotle who said, “Educating the mind without educating the heart is no education at all.” It is our core belief to care for you as we would care for ourselves and our loved ones.
Your health is ultimately what is most important, and we always want to SET THE BAR and not follow it when it comes to your care. While we always used personalized protective equipment (PPE) and exceeded all CDC guidelines, in light of this pandemic, we have gone above and beyond all requirements and recommendations outlined by the CDC, ADA and Governing Boards in response to COVID-19.
Below is the list of some of the enhanced precautions we have taken, in addition to the extensive team training on infection control and patient management procedures:
1. Highest grade PPE including N95/KN95 masks, new visors and gowns.
2. Hypochlorous Acid (HOCL) disinfectant of all surface areas using an Electrostatic Fogging machine. HOCL is 10 times stronger than bleach but is also a natural endogenous constituent in humans as an important part of our own innate immune system. Currently it is being used in many other industries including the Food industry. Completely Bio compatible, you can spray it on your food and eat it without rinsing. Our own body produces this to fight off germs. The only ingredients to produce HOCL are water, distilled vinegar, and table salt.
3. Hospital grade Ambient air management with Air purifier unit. Has a HEPA RX filter, Activated Carbon Filter, germicidal UV-C+ bulbs, Hydroxyl Radical Reactivity Chamber and a Negative Ion Chamber. Will completely turn over our whole office air volume every 4 hours.
4. Will have New INTRA ORAL HVE devices that reduce or eliminate airborne aerosols during all dental procedures.
5. Will install New EXTRA ORAL HVE air disinfection chair side units with UV-C+ light bulbs, 3 filters including a HEPA 13 Filter, just for the sake of added protection.
6. Installed sneeze guards at all reception areas.
7. Introduce an oral pre rinse protocol for all patents to reduce exposure to germs.
8. Require masks and gloves to be worn by all patients, maintain distancing in reception areas, removed magazines and items that can harbor or transfer germs of any kind. Hand sanitizers will be positioned throughout the office.
9. Record temperature of every patient upon entering the operatories. Pre screen each patient with new questionnaire specific to COVID.
10. record the temperature and lung efficiency of every team member each day at the beginning and end of work period.
11. Enhanced operatory and office disinfection procedures before and after all appointments.
12. Enhanced periodic and nightly disinfection of all equipment and office fixtures like computer, keyboards, telephones, tablets, chairs, doorknobs, and buttons that may be touched unconsciously.
The list goes on but you probably already see how thoroughly prepared we are for your optimal care.
To allow for us to efficiently and thoroughly implement these new protocols, we will be opening our practice with fewer patients per day and longer appointment times to start. This extra time is not for your stay, but for our needed time in-between each patient to prepare for the next. As you can imagine, seeing fewer patients together with a significant increase in costs for PPE, supplies, and new equipment, will have an impact on our service fees. We are working hard with suppliers to keep any changes to be as moderate as possible.
We are so happy to be opening soon, and look forward to seeing all our friends once again. I want to take this time and personally thank each one of you for placing your trust in me and my team. We are looking forward and excited with what we have to offer in this new era of health care!
Dr. Koo and Team